Tierra del Fuego

Tierra del Fuego
Tierra del Fuego

Monday, July 5, 2010

Today's the Day!

After all the packing, cleaning, phone calls, and overall stress, I finally made it home to Portland for the 4th of July weekend. Friday night we had a delicious barbeque with family and friends. Despite the scramble of putting together three new recipes, it all came together for a fun night, with many compliments for the chefs.

On Saturday, Manny arrived and after buying him a bathing suit we all headed to the lake for a 4:00 swim. The timing was perfect; we even got a prime parking spot! All the families with little kids left soon after our arrival and we got to spread out on the sand as much as we wanted. That night we enjoyed a true Maine lobster feast with steamers, lobster, and corn on the cob. Everything was so tasty and I got my fill of lobster for the first time!

Sunday was hot and humid so we headed to Scarboro Beach as soon as possible- though half an hour later than planned. We had to park in the overflow lot but at least avoided lining up on the side of the road waiting for a spot. We hoped the water might be warm because of the heat wave of the past week and a half, but to no avail. It was as cold as I could remember- a whopping 62 degrees.

Monday Manny and I took the bus back to Boston. Despite all the traffic we only got in about 25 minutes late. After taking care of all my last minute stuff, we got some dinner and settled in for my last night in the U.S.

Today is 95 degrees and making me crave winter in Argentina. I just have to make sure I checked everything off my list and I am ready to go. Our flight departs at 9:00 but our professor wants us to be there at 3:30. 5 1/2 hours in the airport... can't wait. I guess I should go and make sure I don't forget anything! Next time I write I'll at least be on a plane... possibly in Buenos Aires! Adios!

2 comments:

  1. Silly girl - your flight's at 7! Glad she made you get there early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travel safely, young Padumeh.
    Trust in the force...

    Randy

    ReplyDelete