Tierra del Fuego

Tierra del Fuego
Tierra del Fuego

Monday, June 28, 2010

8 Days!

On July 6th, 15 Northeastern students, one spanish professor, and I, fly from Logan Airport and land many hours later in Buenos Aires. For three and a half weeks we will live with local families and take Spanish classes for five hours every day at a local college. Then we will travel to Tierra del Fuego, the southern-most point of Argentina, where glaciers, penguins, and seals exist. We will be there for a week, and then travel back to Buenos Aires for three more days, until heading back to the states. Only eight days left, and I feel like I have a mountain of work left to do, without even thinking about working on my spanish.

My to-do list continues to grow longer. Every time I check something off I think of five more things I have to do. Today I tackled packing... in 95 degree humid Boston weather. Probably not my brightest idea, but once I got the boxes from a nearby store I couldn't avoid it any longer. I always forget how much shit I have until I start packing it all up. One box after another, yet my room looks eerily the same as when I started. Not only do I have to pack for my five week trip to Argentina, I also have to pack for four days in Portland, and pack everything in my apartment to move in August. I've definitely got my plate full for the next four days.

I thought that this blog would be a nice way to share my journey with family and friends... in addition to calls, skype, and email of course! We'll see how it goes! It has cooled down a little bit now, and after taking a break, I think it's time to continue checking things off and adding more to my to-do list... Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment